Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tuesday Night "Mexican" - Salsa Con Sabor

Tuesday night Mexican has become a tradition for one of my favorite groups - the UUCA 20's/30's. This week we ventured to Salsa Con Sabor, a restaurant specializing in Peruvian, Puerto Rican and Cuban cuisine (I know, none of these are Mexican, so we aren't exactly stuck to only one cuisine and to me, that's a good thing!). Going with a large group gave me the opportunity to take lots of great photos, and while I did not taste everything nor do I remember what everything is called, I will do my best. As far as the atmosphere of this place, our group of about ten was just about the only party in the place. This could be because they did not have any heat - yes, many of us were glad we had coats with us and we donned them for the entire meal! The service was a little slow considering how empty the place was, but the waiter was helpful and indulged us as we asked questions about Spanish pronunciations, ingredients and the meaning of "Salsa Con Sabor". My favorite thing here is the ceviche, although the spicy, creamy seafood is a close second. This is a good place to come experience a variety of cuisines and with a HUGE menu, I don't think you'll have a problem finding something - that is, unless you are a vegetarian as the person in our group who didn't eat meat was forced to eat french fries!



Chicken fricasse with sweet plantains and rice.



Mofongo (mashed, fried plantain ball), top, and chicken and beef kabobs.



Puerto Rican spaghetti, at least I think this was Puerto Rican - if not, please remind me someone!



Ceviche de Pescado - they offer a mixed seafood version as well that I'd like to try next time.



Cuban sandwich with beans and rice.



Spicy, creamy seafood stew with rice and an egg!



Mofongo with roasted port, rice and sweet plantains.




Salsa Con Sabor on Urbanspoon

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

those spaghettis look like Tallarin Saltado which is a Peruvian plate,I'm from Peru and It's one of my fav plates.

Rainbow said...

and the Peruvian Ceviche is so yummy, It's really good specially if you have a hangover.