Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Joli Kobe Saturday Lunch



Out front at the Midtown location.

On Saturday after a successful and sample-filled trip to Costo, I ventured to Joli Kobe Bakery & Cafe in Midtown. The atmosphere is very nice, similar to some of the Korean bakeries I've visited. Several customers appeared to be enjoying coffee and pastries rather than full lunch. The chicken mushroom crepe was delicious, definitely the standout. I wasn't a big fan of the vegetarian panini but I think it's because there was some kind of olive spread on it. I want to return to try their curried chicken salad, which is one of my favorite lunch items. The creme brulee was fantastic and we (including a very precocious and curious almost 6-year-old who was with me) were able to watch the waitress torch the top to a nice, carmelized brown. The waitress said they are fairly busy at lunch and parking could be a problem, but if you come on Saturday or on an off time from lunch - anytime other than 12 to 1 - you should be fine. Joli Kobe is right next to La Pietra Cucina, a restaurant I still need to visit.



Joli Kobe's menu.



Grilled vegetable sandwich with potato salad.



Chicken mushroom crepe with greens.



Chocolate eclair with chocolate filling and creme brulee.



View cakes and to-go boxes in the refrigerated case. Breads for purchase are also available.

Joli Kobe Bakery & Bistro on Urbanspoon

0 Comments: