Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Shorty's Pizza

On Friday I tried Shorty's Pizza, a place I've been meaning to check out for awhile. Unfortunately I forgot my camera, but I promise to return soon and post pics then. We started with the guacamole appetizer, which was very fresh avocado mixed with pico de gallo. The flavors were vibrant and I liked the flatbread/chips served with the guac - lighter than traditional chips but still very tasty. Next we tried two kinds of pizza - we were having a hard time deciding so the waitress told us for $1 extra we could do half and half on a large pie. We tried 1/2 "Tina Turner" - caramelized onions, raw onions, gorgonzola, goat cheese, toasted walnuts and 1/2 "Declan McManus" - potato and pesto with roasted tomato and goat cheese, aged balsamic drizzle. Both were quite good, with a thin, charred crust. Our favorite was the Declan McManus, which I could definitely go for again soon! For dessert we tried the warm chocolate chip cookies with homemade whipped cream. While nothing was wrong with this dessert, it didn't overwhelm us (probably becuase I make chocolate chip cookies so often!) and I wouldn't get it again. Overall, a great place. I look forward to trying more of their specialties and returning for more good pizza!

Shorty's Pizza on Urbanspoon

0 Comments: