Thursday, April 30, 2009

West Egg (again)!



Bombay chicken salad sandwich with grits & a side of pimento cheese to mix in!

My Dad is visiting this week and I took him to West Egg Cafe for lunch. I was disappointed that the weekend brunch specials were not offered, but I suppose that's why they call them "Weekend Brunch Specials"! Instead I enjoyed the Bombay chicken salad sandwich - curried chicken salad with grapes and walnuts. For my side I asked for the pimento cheese grits, but apparently those are also a weekend special. Still, I was able to mix in some pimento cheese with the regular garlic grits for a similar effect. I had to let Dad try the Coca-Cola cupcake, which I found out is made with Coke syrup rather than drinkable Coke... hmmm, maybe I could try to duplicate this at home. The taste is very unique, with a faint Coke taste that is not overwhelming. The cream cheese frosting definitely gives it a little something extra also. This place is packed on weekends but it wasn't that busy when we arrived for an early lunch on Tuesday. Go during the week if you can; otherwise, prepare to wait!



Pimento cheese and bacon omelet with garlic grits.



Mocha with whipped cream.



Famous Coca-Cola Cupcake

0 Comments: