Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Delicious Kabob

Saturday evening I tried Delicious Kabob. I had high expectations after reading others' blog posts about this Szechuan place on Shallowford Road. Unfortunately I neglected to bring my camera, but most of the dishes I tried have already been photographed and blogged about. The lamb kabob was my favorite item; crusted with lots of cumin and a bit spicy, it went well with the scallion pancake as well as with the rice, provided in individual bowls for each person at the table. I also tried the crispy beef and the dry-fried eggplant. The crispy eggplant wasn't bad, but I still prefer the garlic eggplant at Little Szechuan. The crispy beef tasted like it had been fried in old oil. Also, there were small berries in the crispy beef dish along with the fried chile peppers and cilantro, and the berries tasted almost like they were numbing my mouth. Anyone know what these are? Anyway, I was not impressed overall with what I tried. I guess I disagree with most of the other Atlanta bloggers on this one!

Delicious Kabob on Urbanspoon

2 Comments:

jimmy said...

Amy! I'm disappointed. Those are Sichuan peppercorns that numb your mouth - the Chinese call that sensation "ma".

It's all in my initial Sichuan ingredient post. :-)

Amy said...

Thanks Jimmy! Hmmm... those Sichuan peppercorns don't quite sit right with me :) I would try again though - I did eat fugu while I was in Japan!