Friday, May 15, 2009

Manuel's Tavern



Burger with grilled mushrooms, grilled onions and cheddar.

Sunday evening I headed to Manuel's Tavern, a bar/restaurant with a longstanding liberal tradition. Lucky for me Sunday is trivia night, so I participated in that as well, patting myself on the back for remembering Whoopi Goldberg's character's first name in "Sister Act".

The food was pretty good as bar food goes; the burger was cooked medium rare as requested and it was messy enough to warrant lots of napkins - a good sign in my book. The steak fries were not bad either. As for the nachos, the portion size was quite impressive and I loved the jalepenos on top. We opted to go for the guacamole for an extra charge, and it really hit the spot, too. The beer list here is pretty good - I actually tried a raspberry beer, which I liked. If you haven't been to Manuel's yet, you should definitely try it - one of Atlanta's longstanding traditions.



Menu cover.



Nachos - almost as good as homemade!

Manuel's Tavern on Urbanspoon

0 Comments: