Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Taqueria Los Hermanos



Special seafood burrito with rice and asparagus.

After much urging I finally tried Taqueria Los Hermanos and I really enjoyed it. The drive out to Tucker is a little much for me on a weekday so I decided to go on a Sunday afternoon. We nabbed the only outdoor table (overlooking a large Publix parking lot) and perused the menu. The specials board contained about ten to fifteen items including the seafood burrito, which was excellent: fresh seafood and a poblano cream sauce. I liked the addition of asparagus also, instead of the usual beans - nice touch! The guacomole we started with was pleasing, with huge chunks of avocado, and the hot sauce we requested was really hot and tasty. The chips were average and could have benefitted from being warmed up a bit. I also enjoyed the tacos - larger than average portions - although the sauces were a little overwhelming. Still, I could =taste fresh tilapia under the generous amount of dressing. I was too full to try the tres leches cake (one of my favorite kinds of cake) so I must go back to this place again soon.



Strip mall front.



Hot sauce, salsa and guacamole, with sangria in the background.



Carnitas taco (left) and fish taco (right).

Taqueria Los Hermanos on Urbanspoon

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to live about 5 blocks from this place and loved it. It's hard for me to get past their tacos, they are so good.