Thursday, November 05, 2009

Southern Goodness at Goolsby's in Evans, GA



Chicken, mac and cheese and green beans with corn cake.

Following a final adoption hearing for some of my favorite clients, I dined at Goolsby's in Evans, Georgia (Columbia County, near Augusta). Southern favorites like baked and fried chicken, pork loin and shrimp are served up right here in a cafeteria-style line. There is also delicious peach cobbler. I really enjoyed my meal here, including the delicious BBQ sauce and chow-chow they bring around to the tables. I had sweet tea, too, which is unusual for me. I suppose the atmosphere called for it and I listened! I will return here for sure if I'm ever back in Evans.






This gentleman will take care of you!



Pork loin, green beans and rice with gravy.



Delicious fried shrimp comped to us after my clients informed the restaurant of my blog!

Goolsby's on Urbanspoon

2 Comments:

Sean said...

How were the corn cakes? I'm a sucker for fried chicken no matter how bad it is. Bunch of my classmates are from Augusta/Evans so I'll have to ask if they know about this place!

Unknown said...

They are great! I eat here once a month or so. Everything in this place is Grade A!.