Thursday, April 01, 2010

No Mas Cantina - Castleberry Hill



Shrimp, chicken and steak fajita platter - love the jalepeno on top!

Castleberry Hill is an Atlanta neighborhood I've yet to fully explore. There are many art studios in this area as well as several restaurants worth checking out. I visited No Mas Cantina on another cold, rainy day. Just outside the entrance to the restaurant is the Adios Cafe at No Mas Hacienda and Cantina, which serves hot drinks, pastries and sweets and has a nice sitting area. Luckily for me I was able to order some of their Chocolate Azteca (hot chocolate made with dark chocolate, cinnamon, and chili de arbol) while dining in the restaurant. And I'm very glad I did as the chocolate flavor as well as the spices blended together in a very pleasing way.

For food we shared guacamole, a stellar rendition, as well as fajitas. The shrimp and steak stood out over the chicken, but the fresh tortillas are enough to cure most ills. I'd definitely like to return here to try some of their other dishes.



Guacamole with chips and salsa.



Inside the restaurant. There is also a store connected at the front selling items from Mexico.

No Mas! Cantina on Urbanspoon

0 Comments: