Monday, April 18, 2011

Zuffy's Place


Zuffy's Salad and Shrimp & Grits.


I've driven past Zuffy's Place dozens of times on my way out Buford Highway, but never gave it much attention. Could it possibly compete with the Korean BBQ, green tea bubble tea or nasi lemok I was headed for? Finally, after hearing from someone that they have Creole food, I gave it a try on a rainy Saturday for lunch. The result was a pleasant surprise. The menu is a mix of Creole and traditional American fare. The shrimp and grits were creamy and delicious. I want to go back to try the etouffe and gumbo. Calvin enjoyed the fish po'boy. One of my co-workers who is from New Orleans has even given it his stamp of approval, although he wasn't too pleased with the jambalaya. Zuffy's holds all kinds of events also, such as Texas Hold 'Em and comedy night. There is a full bar and the ambience is bar-like. Still, with such good food - I'll be back!



Fish Po'Boy with mac & cheese.
Zuffy's Place on Urbanspoon

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

We just ate there for the first tine on Saturday night. I had gumbo and my husband had the crawfish ettoufee. Both were very good except for the dry rice in my gumbo. Zuffy's is worth a trip even from my home in Roswell.