Monday, July 25, 2011

The SpongeBob Cake



The finished product - homemade for sure but there's no doubt who this is!

My favorite 8 year old requested a SpongeBob cake this year so I thought it time to try some amateur cake decorating. I used red hots as part of the shirt and cookie icing on top of homemade lemon frosting for the design. It's not the most beautiful design but it was really tasty and most importantly, the birthday girl loved it. Always fun to try something new!



A work in progress. I had to print out a photo of Bob so I could draw him on the cake! It was yellow cake with lemon frosting. I used a new recipe for the cake and it turned out moist and tasty.

3 Comments:

Rebekah said...

Yummy and adorable! :D

Candice {The Beautiful Mess} said...

Yum! so fun!

Spongebob wall graphics said...

Lovely home made spongebob cake!