Saturday, October 15, 2011

Souper Jenny Lobster Roll Truck



This is way out of date but I wanted to still post my impressions and photos from the Souper Jenny lobster roll truck, which served lobster rolls every Monday and Friday in August out of the Souper Jenny truck in front of the SJ store. SJ closes every August so their wonderful soups, salads and sandwiches are not available. This year Jenny decided to do something different and sell lobster rolls, lemonade and cookies out of her truck even though the regular restaurant was closed for the month.

Overall I was a bit underwhelmed by the lobster roll, although I enjoyed eating it. I think the problem was that I have had a Maine lobster roll and this is just a totally different animal. In Maine the lobster roll is served on a warm, grilled and buttered bun, sometimes with buttered lobster meat or sometimes more of a lobster salad like this. Souper Jenny served the lobster salad on an herbed roll, which to me did not really go well with the lobster salad (you could also get the lobster salad in a to-go container and do without the bread).

I am glad I tried Souper Jenny's lobster roll but I am even happier that Jenny is now open for the fall with her traditional, ever-changing menu.



Souper Jenny on Urbanspoon

1 Comment:

Food Truck Fan said...

Mmmmm, sounds good. If you enjoy the food truck scene, check out http://mobile-cuisine.com We cover the mobile food industry nationally.