Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Vietnam Grille - Charlotte



House Special Vermicelli.

Last time we were in Charlotte I dined with my parents at Vietnam Grille. We usually go to Saigon Palace, which is only a few blocks away, but this time we wanted to try something new. Vietnam Grille is fairly small and homey and is obviously family owned. It would be difficult to accommodate a very large group here but it is a nice and cozy place for a couple or family.

The menu is ranges from soups, noodles and rice dishes to traditional Vietnamese dishes and beverages. We tried the pictured house special vermicelli, which was very good - lots of picked carrots and radishes and tasty meat - as well as the seafood noodle soup (not pictured). The soup didn't stand out as much as the vermicelli, but the fresh spring rolls were very good - one of my favorite foods! I don't think Vietnam Grille has the yellow pancake (banh xeo) we like so much on the menu. For that (and for large groups) I will keep going to Saigon Palace - or back to Vietnam - I hope to finally put some food photos from my SE Asia trip up soon! If you are in Charlotte Vietnam Grille is a solid choice for reasonably priced tasty food. I look forward to trying additional menu items on future visits.



Shrimp and pork rolls.

Vietnam Grille on Urbanspoon

1 Comment:

bluang3lbby said...

My dad swears by the banh xeo at Ben Thanh on Central Ave when we are in Charlotte. We love Pho Hoa for pho but don't really eat the rice or noodles dishes at Vietnamese places. That is also the only thing we eat when we are there as a family in Charlotte since my dad basically eats Vietnamese ever day since that is what we are.